Rolleston consultation – how to have your say
Some of the types of things you may wish to cover when providing feedback on new education provision in Rolleston include:
- the range of year levels for primary and secondary school
- possibilities for Maori and Pasifika education
- special education facilities within the new provision
- the possibility of joint ventures for community and recreation facilities eg. library
- possible ways to share and collaborate between schools in Rolleston to enhance education delivery
- design features you would like to see in the new schooling provision
- any new ideas for delivery of education in the Rolleston area.
There are a number of ways you can have your say:
You may wish to make a written submission to outline your views or ideas. Written submissions can either be sent in hardcopy to the address below or via email to the email address below. All written submissions must be received by 30 October 2013.
c/ Linda Youl, Senior Advisor
Ministry of Education
PO Box 2522
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public discussion meetings will be held at:
- Weedons School Hall on 25 September, 7.00 – 8.30pm
- Lincoln Events Centre on 9 October, 7.00 – 8.30pm
- Rolleston Community Centre on 17 October, 7.00 – 9.30pm
We are also joining the series of Selwyn District Council drop-in meetings about the Rolleston Town Centre and Foster Park development. These meetings offer the opportunity to have an informal chat with Ministry representatives. These are being held at the Selwyn District Council headquarters in Rolleston on:
- Thursday 26 September, 4.00 – 8.00pm
- Wednesday 16 October, 5.00 – 8.00pm
And at the Rolleston Community Centre on:
- Sunday 20 October, 1.30 – 4.30pm
An online survey is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Rolleston_Schools where community members will be able to participate in the discussion on new education provision in Rolleston. This site will remain open until 30 October.
Contact the facilitator
Feel free to email any questions, thoughts or suggestions directly to the consultation facilitator, Michael Deaker.
Phone/text: 021 323 009
Outlined below is an indicative timeline for new education provision in Rolleston.
August – October 2013
- Consultation with schools whose rolls may be affected by the new provision
September – October 2013
- Community consultation
30 October – December 2013
- Analysis of consultation, report to Minister
- Minister’s decision on outcome of consultation regarding shape of new provision
- Primary provision completion
- Secondary provision completion (dependant on final structure and design)